Sunday, September 14, 2008

Play Ball!


It has been a weekend of sporting events for Dan & I! Friday night started us off at the Arizona Diamond Backs game, then Saturday night the ASU Football game. Both nights we had AMAZING seats - really close to the field, like we could see the sweat on their heads!! :D I don't regularly follow both these teams - sure my boys keep me posted on ALL the stats, but I normally wouldn't be grabbing the remote and a bag of chips to watch the game! I love sports...I prefer to play them - however there is something to be said about putting on your team colors and standing amongst all the other fans!! The atmosphere is fantastic! I prefer the college games - they are not playing for money, they are playing for the love of the game! At one point last night at the ASU game, our team on the field looked up at as all and started raising their arms at us, telling us to get on our feet and cheer...of course we obeyed and one by one a sea of maroon and gold stood up, and the noise level raised a 1000 decibals! It was AWESOME! I LOVE to eat at sporting events! I dunno, a hot dog tastes way better at a baseball game, don't you think!? And so does ice cream and pretzels, and...okay, so maybe I went a little over-board, but i'll work it off at the gym Monday morning (LOL!). It was great to go out on TWO dates with Dan - in a row!! We needed the time off together, it has been a long week for both of us. Just to be together laughing, enjoying the game(s), sharing a diet coke (I know...a collective "awwwww" just sounded out), high fiving one another when a run is scored or a touchdown is made - I love it!! After the D-Backs game (which we won) they had a fireworks show...more fun! It was romantic as we sat there (okay, amongst 27,000 of our closest friends!!) snuggling in the seats in our matching game shirts watching the light show. Unfortunately ASU lost...you could literally feel the sadness in the stadium - it went from loud, enthusiastic cheering, to literally silence and heads hanging low. O well, there's always next time! For me and Dan, it was just great to get out and go play together! So if anyone else has some free tickets to send our way, please by all means we'd be happy to take them off your hands! :)


...Until later then, Lynnie

No comments: