Monday, September 8, 2008

Engaged!!!


Well it is exciting around here! Our oldest daughter got engaged over the weekend! Wow! Christopher flew down from Canada, surprised Elyse and proposed! Of course she said yes! I am so excited for this next adventure in our family. Now, I feel just a little bit too young to be "mother of the bride" :)! No seriously, I am looking forward to planning the wedding with Lysee and going shopping for dresses, etc, etc. I want this to be a really fun experience - and as stressLESS as possible! So any advice out there from you seasoned wedding planners?! It is so fun to watch Elyse and Christopher and their excitement, as they plan their future together. As I see Elyse glance down and look at the sparkle in her ring, and I know & understand that skipping heart beat and joy and expectation that comes with being engaged. Smiling right now for her is pretty constant! :D We know that Christopher will take good care of her...he has looked both Dan and I in the eye and said so - as a mom, and I think more as a dad - that is important, so very important!! So, i'll keep you posted on all the progress...so let the planning begin!!


...until later then, Lynnie

No comments: