Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Surprise Trip!


So this morning I woke up at 7:40...it's Saturday! A day I could sleep in...but no! Anyways, in my bathroom was a card, and in the card was a note. My note told me to pack for a night and a day...and at 2:30 I will be leaving. I was so excited! So worth not sleeping in for! I found out that Dan and I are going to have a little get-away. We're staying at the Scottsdale Princess. Five star, sounds beautiful and i cannot wait for 2:30 to get here! I love how spontaneous Dan can be! I am truly grateful for this man, for his love and commitment to me and our marriage. We need this time away - so often we as parents can put ourselves on the back burner...our kids need us, we recognize that...however, one day those kids (all six of them!) are going to pack up and move out, and where will Dan and I be? In our 2-seater heading for "who cares!!" ha! ha! No really - I hope and pray we're still surprising one another with surprise outings and little notes and gifts along the way. I am blessed. And hay...who am I kidding - I seriously hope we have that 2-seater!!
Until later then...Lynnie

No comments: